Group Journals can be enabled when creating a Blackboard group. See the guide under what’s related for more information on setting up groups. If you have already made a group and want to enable a blog for that group follow the guide below.
Be aware the group journals should be private to the group. However the extra step on slide 6 is necessary to achieve this.
1. Find the group for whom you wish to enable blogs in the Groups area (found via Control Panel -> User and Groups -> Groups), click on the Modify button beside the group and click on Edit.
2. Under the Tool Availability section tick Journals.
3. If you wish you can choose to have a Grade Centre column added for this blog.
4. Click on Submit.
Finding Group Journals
Group Blogs can be found in the following ways.
1) From the general blogs area, accessed via Control Panel > Course Tools > Blogs. (Instructors only)
Finding Group Journals (2)
2) From the Control Panel > Users and Groups > Groups menu. (Instructors only)
Finding Group Journals (3)
3) Students and instructors who have been made members of the group can access the blog also in this way via the Groups menu.
4) Look at your course menu and click on Tools.
5) Identify the Journals link and click on the Hide Link button beside it. If you do not see this button ensure that Edit Mode is set to On.
6) Having hidden the link, students will not be able to access other groups’ journals.