Video Everywhere allows you to embed a video recorded from your web cam into any Blackboard content area. To use this feature you are required to have an account with the Google web service, and to have logged into YouTube at least once with this account.
Video Everywhere will sign you into YouTube so that you can record a video with a webcam installed on your computer. The video is saved in your YouTube account as an unlisted video. This means that the video will not be seen if someone should look at the videos uploaded by your account. The only way to view the video is to have the link to it. Blackboard will place the link within your Blackboard course making it easy for others on your course to view your video while keeping it private from others outside of your course.
To make such a recording you should have a web cam plugged into your computer.
1. You can add a Video Anywhere video wherever you see the webcam icon in the Blackboard text editor. Click on this icon to begin.
Sign in to YouTube
2. Click on Sign in to YouTube.
3. Enter your Google Account credentials.
4. Click on Grant Access to allow Blackboard to be linked to your Google Account.
Have you logged into YouTube before?
5. If you see a message like the one above then sign into YouTube.com with your Google Account. Then click on My Channel (currently shown to the left of the YouTube window) and then click on Ok. Having done this skip back to step one of this guide.
6. Click on Record from Webcam, and then Start Recording when you are ready.
7. Make your recording and click on Stop Recording when you are finished.
8. If you were happy with your recording click on Upload. If not click on Start again.
9. Your video will have been successfully uploaded to YouTube. You will now be given the opportunity to insert the video into your course. You may choose:
Play in place
This is the option preferred by most. The video will be embedded within the content area and may be played by clicking on the play icon by students. We recommend that the Width and Height settings are left at their default options.
A small image will be shown to students representing the video. When they click on this thumbnail a large video will appear that hovers over your content and can then be played by viewers.
10. Click on Insert.
Complete content item
11. An outline of the video frame will appear within the text box. Complete the rest of the form such as adding additional text and attachments if you wish and click on Submit.
12. Your video will appear within your Blackboard course. If you wish to edit or change your video you may do so by logging into YouTube and entering your YouTube Video Manager.