The following table shows the Operating Systems and Web Browsers that are supported by the University’s current Blackboard installation.
OS and Browser Compatibility
|Internet Explorer 11||Internet Explorer 10||Internet Explorer 9||Firefox Extended Support Release||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Google Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Windows Vista (32-bit)||Unsupported||Unsupported||Certified||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows Vista (64-bit)||Unsupported||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 7 (32-bit)||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 7 (64-bit)||Certified||Certified||Compatible||Certified||Certified||Certified|
|Windows 8 (32-bit)||Compatible||Unsupported||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Windows 8 (64-bit)||Certified||Unsupported||Unsupported||Certified||Certified||Certified|
|Safari 7||Safari 6||Firefox Extended Support Release||Firefox (Final Release Channel)||Google Chrome (Stable Channel)|
|Mac OSX 10.7||Unsupported||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible||Compatible|
|Mac OSX 10.8||Unsupported||Certified||Certified||Certified||Certified|
|Mac OSX 10.9||Certified||Unsupported||Certified||Certified||Certified|
We recommend using Firefox or Chrome instead of Safari.
Certified: fully tested and supported
Compatible: key application areas tested
- Internet Explorer 9 is only supported in Standards Mode.
- Blackboard strives to make all its products as accessible as possible. JAWS 14 and 15 were used during accessibility testing of 9.1 April 2014.
- Chrome support: due to the auto-update feature of Chrome, support is based on the version available at the time of testing. 9.1 April 2014 was tested with Chrome 34.
- Firefox support: due to the auto-update feature of Firefox, support is based on the version available at the time of testing. 9.1 April 2014 was tested with Firefox versions 28 and 24 (ESR).
- Note on OSX 10.8 Java is no longer shipped as part of the OS install and must be downloaded and installed by users on request of application/applet – this is a one time action on the part of the user.