It is possible to track the access of an individual item such as a document in Course Documents or Course Information. To do this it is necessary to select, Track Number of Views when you originally added the item. Tracking information is only collected from the time you answered Yes to this question.
Identify Item for which Tracking Information is Required
1. Find the content item in your course for which tracking information is required.
2. Click on the Modify button beside it.
Select Statistics Report
3. From the menu that appears choose View Statistics Report.
Content Usage Statistics
4. You should see report available named Content Usage Statistics. Click on the Modify button beside it.
5. Click on Run.
6. Select the format of the report you prefer, the default is PDF.
7. Select the date range for the report. If your course has a large number of students you may need to run the report in smaller chunks and collate the totals afterwards. Large cohorts can mean that statistics reports time out before they have finished generating.
8. Select the Users about whom you wish to report. If you choose all users then instructors will also be included.
9. Click on Submit to run the Report.
10. Click on Download Report.