How to download files submitted to a Turnitin assignment. Note that it is not possible to download files if anonymous marking is enable on the assignment in question.
An issue has been found where batch downloading submissions using Internet Explorer is not possible. Until this issue is resolved use Firefox or Chrome.
How to install Chrome: http://www.southampton.ac.uk/blackboard/installchrome
How to install Firefox:
Access Control Panel
1. From your course’s Control Panel, expand the Course Tools section and click on TurnitinUK Assignments.
Locate TurnitinUK Assignment
2. Click on the name of the Turnitin Assignment for which you want to download submissions.
Select submissions to download
3. Using the tick boxes, select the submissions you want to download. You can either select individual assignments, or you can click the very top box to select all assignments. Whether you are downloading a single submission or multiple submissions, Turnitin will create and download a zip file containing the selected file(s).
4. Click on Download.
Select Original File
5. If you want to download the files which were submitted, choose Original File. If you want to download GradeMarked papers for the selected submissions, choose GradeMark Paper.
6. You may see a pop up window asking if you want to continue. Click OK.
7. Choose the file format you want papers to be downloaded as. You can either choose the file format as submitted by the student(s) selected, or you can choose to have Turnitin convert all files to PDF. Converting to PDF may take longer.
8. You may see a temporary message saying that Turnitin is preparing your file. This may take several minutes depending on the number of files you are downloading, as well as the size of these files. Once you see the screen above your files are ready for download. You should right click on the link before following the next step of this guide.
Save Link As…
9. Having right clicked on the link, you should select Save link as… which will allow you to select a download location for your zip file. This zip file will contain all of the files you have selected for download.
Note that some browsers may have slightly different wording for ‘save link as…’. The above screenshot is taken using Google Chrome.