The Blackboard Assignment Feature is one of the various assignment handling tools available at the University of Southampton. Other tools not covered in this set of guide are the e-assignment system, TurnItIn UK (also available within Blackboard), and efolio.
The Blackboard Assignment Feature is built into Blackboard and offers assignment hand-in, online marking, delegated marking, and anonymous marking.
This set of guides covers the lifecycle of a Blackboard assignment.
- Setting up Rubrics (optional) – A Rubric can be used to mark assignments.
- Creating a Blackboard Assignment
- How Students submit to a Blackboard Assignment (a guide for students)
- How to download assignments that have been handed in to Blackboard
- How to mark assignments that have been handed into Blackboard
- How to reconcile marks (only applies if delegated marking is in use)
- How to mark Blackboard assignments anonymously (anonymous marking must have been set up when creating the assignment)
- How students check their marks and feedback for submitted assignments