Anonymous marking can be enabled when creating a Blackboard assignment. This guide explains the extra aspects of anonymous marking. Please refer to the guide on marking assignments and delegated marking under the What’s Related section on this web page.
1. In the Grade Centre submissions that should be marked anonymously are greyed out so that you may not see an individual student’s submission.
2. To access the Grading screen for anonymous assignments click on the action button at the name of the assignment in the Grade Centre and choose Grade Attempts.
3. Alternatively click on Needs Grading from the Grade Centre Control Panel menu.
Individual or all?
4. To mark an individual assignment click on the assignment under the User Attempt column.
5. To grade all papers one after the other, click on the action button beside the assignment name and choose Grade All Users.
6. Marking may then be carried out in the usual way. See the separate guide for marking.
7. Once all marking has been completed the scores will appear beside each student.
8. You can prove that a submission was marked anonymously by viewing the attempt and clicking on the Grade History tab. “Graded Anonymously” is shown beside the score.